Let's see how it works:
Well, this seems like a NEW MODELING PARADIGM, right? Indeed, you won't find this approach anywhere else. Check out a real examle:
This plugin will change the way you model ropes forever.
The algorithm simulates a rope that drops downward to the bottom of the model. The falling rope can be blocked by obstacles in the way. The two ends of the rope won't fall down as they are fixed.
1. Activate the line tool and draw a polyline defining the initial shape of the rope.
2. Activate the select tool and select the polyline.
3. Click menu Draw → Ropefall → Fall.
4. Specify rope parameters and click the 'ok' button to start simulation.
5. Wait until simulation ends or stop it with the Esc key.
- make the simulation faster by hiding parts of the model that do not block the rope from falling
- use some helper objects to control the shape of the rope
Supported SketchUp versions: 2015+
Download latest install package
Try it free for three days, buy a non-expiring licence plus one year of any new upgrades, maintenance, and support for only 15 USD
You can initiate your purchase from within SketchUp by navigating in the menu Draw → Ropefall → Request licence
Have a pic to share? Pls let us know: email@example.com